Since deploying Law Suite in a high volume practice, that firm has saved the firm the amount of money it would pay a full time paralegal or legal secretary in over 6 months.
The work is now also more professional and consistent than ever before.
These gains are only from automating the client intake process. Total gains are far greater.
Before Law Suite
While the existing client intake process was well designed, fairly consistent, it unavoidably had too many tasks.
Tasks to Intake new Client
- Create client contact in Google Contacts
- Create client folder
- Name folder “Doe, John 1180 Syracuse CC”
- Create letter of representation in Word
- Customize rep letter including address, names, charges, etc.
- Name rep letter
- Save rep letter as PDF
- Fax rep letter to court
- Open waiver template in Word
- Customize waiver including address, names, charges, etc.
- Name wavier
- Save waiver as PDF
- Open email program
- Compose new email
- Open document containing email templates
- Paste intro email
- Customize intro email – names, charges, license state, etc.
- Attached waiver to new email
- Add subject line to email
- Address email to client
- Send email
- Web Browser or Outlook (Email and Contact)
- Word Processor (Word or WordPerfect)
- Adobe Acrobat (PDF)
Time to Complete
- Experienced Secretary: 15 – 20 minutes
- Novice Secretary: 20 minutes more or less
- Lawyers: Unable to complete
With Law Suite
- Enter essential client and case information.
- Create and send fax rep letter to court with a few clicks.
- Create and send email to client with consent form attached, link questionnaire, and link to their state’s DMV with a few clicks.
- Law Suite
Time to Complete
- Experienced Secretary: 1 minute or less
- Novice Secretary: 1 minute or less
- Lawyers: 1 minute or less
How Law Suite Did It
- The new email template instantly loads all the text, links, and attachments needed with a click or edit as needed. Names, numbers, addresses, and other idiosyncratic details just appear, automatically.
- To email the waiver document, the Suite auto-created, customized, and attached the waiver to the email as PDF.
- The new client questionnaire, previously included in the email body, is now done online via a link in the client email. Responses are automatically added to the file. No more search, copy, paste, and saving of client responses embedded in email.
- To direct out-of-state clients to links to obtain their driving record. The firm had a spreadsheet and manually edited and pasted the link into the email. Now, the link just appears based on the license state selection in the client contact information.